Ethics writing programme
Daily answer writing schedule for The months of June and July 2020
Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude
This paper will include questions to test the candidates’ attitude and approach to issues relating to integrity, probity in public life and his problem solving approach to various issues and conflicts faced by him in dealing with society.
The following broad areas will be covered within two months.
June 1st – June 5th
- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, Determinants and Consequences of Ethics in – Human Actions; Dimensions of Ethics;
( basic theory questions from ethics will be asked)
8th June – 9th June
- Ethics – in Private and Public Relationships.
10th June- 11th June
- Human Values – key human values
12th June – 16th June
- Lessons from the Lives and Teachings of Great Leaders, Reformers and Administrators;
- Role of Family Society and Educational Institutions in Inculcating Values.
- Attitude: Content, Structure, Function;
- its Influence and Relation with Thought and Behaviour;
- Moral and Political Attitudes;
- Social Influence and Persuasion.
24th -25th June
- Aptitude and Foundational Values for Civil Service, Integrity, Impartiality and Non-partisanship, Objectivity,
- Dedication to Public Service, Empathy, Tolerance and Compassion towards the weaker-sections.
29th -30th June
- Emotional Intelligence-Concepts, and their Utilities and Application in Administration and Governance.
1st – 8th July
- Contributions of Moral Thinkers and Philosophers from India and World.
- Public/Civil Service Values and Ethics in Public Administration: Status and Problems;
- Ethical Concerns and Dilemmas in Government and Private Institutions;
- Laws, Rules, Regulations and Conscience as Sources of Ethical Guidance;
- Accountability and Ethical Governance;
- Strengthening of Ethical and Moral Values in Governance;
- Ethical Issues in International Relations and Funding;
- Corporate Governance.
- Probity in Governance:
- Concept of Public Service;
- Philosophical Basis of Governance and Probity;
- Information Sharing and Transparency in Government, Right to Information,
- Codes of Ethics, Codes of Conduct,
- Citizen’s Charters,
- Work Culture,
- Quality of Service Delivery,
- Utilization of Public Funds,
- Challenges of Corruption.