GS 2 Daily answer writing schedule for the months of August and September 2021
Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International Relations)
- Indian Constitution—Historical Underpinnings,
- Evolution, Features,
- Significant Provisions
- Basic Structure.
- Functions and Responsibilities of the Union and the States,
- Issues and Challenges Pertaining to the Federal Structure,
- Devolution of Powers and Finances up to Local Levels and Challenges Therein.
- Separation of Powers between various organs Dispute Redressal Mechanisms and Institutions.
- Comparison of the Indian Constitutional Scheme with that of Other Countries.
16th -18th August
- Parliament and State Legislatures—Structure, Functioning, Conduct of Business, Powers & Privileges and Issues Arising out of these.
19th – 23rd August
- Structure, Organization and Functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary—Ministries and Departments of the Government;
- Pressure Groups and Formal/Informal Associations and their Role in the Polity.
- Salient Features of the Representation of People’s Act.
26th- 31st August
- Appointment to various Constitutional Posts, Powers, Functions and Responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies.
- Statutory, Regulatory and various Quasi-judicial Bodies.
6th – 7th September
- Government Policies and Interventions for Development in various sectors and Issues arising out of their Design and Implementation.
8th – 9th September
- Development Processes and the Development Industry — the Role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders.
- Welfare Schemes for Vulnerable Sections of the population by the Centre and States and the Performance of these Schemes;
13th -15th September
- Mechanisms, Laws, Institutions and Bodies constituted for the Protection and Betterment of these Vulnerable Sections.
16th -17th September
- Issues Relating to Development and Management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Issues relating to Poverty and Hunger.
- Important Aspects of Governance, Transparency and Accountability, E-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential;
- Citizens Charters, Transparency & Accountability and institutional and other measures.
- Role of Civil Services in a Democracy.
24th -27th September
- India and its Neighborhood- Relations.
- Bilateral, Regional and Global Groupings and Agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
- Effect of Policies and Politics of Developed and Developing Countries on India’s interests, Indian Diaspora.
- Important International Institutions, agencies and fora – their Structure, Mandate.